Sunday, September 21, 2008

Just another day in Primitive Heaven

My beautiful sunflowers are blooming like crazy!!! Since we moved to British Columbia last fall I wasn't sure if sunflowers would grow in our very sandy soil...but alas...here they are!!! Growing above the roof tops!


This vulture is from a pattern design from Donna Veal at Moonchilds Primitives. I just love this pattern, and I think it turned out so realistic! You will see some additions to the vulture, the hat, and crow are from patterns from Becky from Tennessee Ridge Primitives, the bat is from a pattern from R&K Creations...another very creative pattern designer...and the pumpkin...well I'm sorry I just forget where it came from, but I did use an actual stem that I had saved from the year before! I put them all together and voila...I ended up selling this whole piece together for $55.

From Becky at Tennessee Ridge Primitives...this pattern is one of her Valentines PatternsAnd this is my take on one of her patterns that she made in a snowman hat, but I used this lovely old tin can!
If you are a primitive lover like me...you need to check out these two websites


both of these gals are wonderful primitive artists...their designs are the greatest prims ever!!! Both gals offer free patterns. I have learned so much from both Becky and Donna. I have bought their patterns, and made their products.
I hope you will visit their sites often!!!
Happy Fall Prim Lovers!!!









4 comments:

Shay said...

Hi Cathryn,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! Your comments were so sweet! ~especially the Mom comment :) ~

You are a very talented artist yourself! I just love all the things you do! I'm so glad you stopped by, I'll add you to my link list!
Oh I would love some help! Well I can help you with blogging if you can help me with pattern designing! haha!
Seriously though, I'm not even sure where to start with pattern designing and who to contact for it! hehe! I just know I have ideas and so many people have asked me for patterns! Thanks again for everything!! You are just so sweet!
Many hugs & blessings,
Shay

Unknown said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog AND your creations!

You know I love your blog and think it is wonderful so I have awarded you a special Blog award. check it out
http://sassysoapsnsuch.blogspot.com/
Sandi

angiesraggedypatch said...

Hello new friend!
I love your work and am so impressed I feel you need an award!!!!
Stop by my blog and see for yourself!
http://angiesraggedypatch.blogspot.com
hugs~
angie

Karen said...

Cathryn, Thanks for visiting my blog, and for showing me yours! You have some really cute things you've made. I enjoyed your blog, and also seeing the photos of where you live. It's always amazing to see where other people live! Karen